File a Report
Welcome to the Lake County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the County of Lake?
- There are no known suspects?
- This did not occur on a State Highway?
- This did not occur in the City of Lakeport?
- This did not occur in the City of Clearlake?
If your incident meets all the criteria listed above, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If your incident did not meet all the criteria listed above please look at our Online Citizen Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Lake County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System you can report incidents such as:
Property Damage, Fraud, Lost Property, Harassment, Thefts, Supplement existing cases, and more.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Lake County Sheriff's Office (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 707-263-2690) to file your report.