Process Server Registration
Any natural person who makes more than 10 services of process within this state during one calendar year or any corporation or partnership must file and maintain a certified certificate of registration as a process server with the County Clerk of the county in which they have their principal place of business.
You must bring the following with you to the clerk's office:
- A copy of your completed fingerprint form if this is your first time filing.
You can pick up the Live Scan Fingerprint request form from the Clerk's Office and it can be taken to the Lake County Office of Education, the local CHP office, or the Sheriff's department for processing.
- Two original completed "Registration as Process Server" forms
- You can also pick these forms up at the Clerk's Office
- If you are renewing your registration it may be renewed up to 60 days prior to the current expiration date and the effective date of the renewal shall be the same date the current registration expires. (If the expiration date falls on a weekend, you must file/renew the business day before no exceptions)
- $155 cash or check payable to the Lake County Clerk
- A bond in the amount of $2,000.00 in favor of the County of filing is signed by the process server (as principal), a general partner if a partnership and a corporate officer if a corporation. If you do not have the bond with you, you must get one before we can start the registration process. Bonds can be acquired at any insurance agency.
- Photo identification, i.e. driver's license.
- One passport size (1 ½ by 1 ½) photo. Partnership or corporation registrations will receive one ID card without a photo in the name of the partnership or corporation.