Concealed Weapon Permit
Self-defense may be considered good cause for the issuance of a permit, however, each application is unique and the Sheriff of Lake County retains the ability to deny permit applications where it appears that doing so is in the interest of public safety.
Issuance Criteria For Consideration Pursuant to California Penal Code § 12050:
- Proof that the person applying is of good moral character;
- Proof that good cause exists for the issuance;
- Proof that the person applying is a resident of the county or a city within the County;
- Proof that the person applying has completed, at the minimum, a 16-hour course of training including instruction on firearm safety and the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm;
- Proof of no statutory prohibitions
- A CCW shall not be issued to a convicted felon, a person prohibited from possessing a firearm by any law, or a person under the age of 18;
- A CCW shall not be issued due to threats, disputes, or neighborhood problems, or to persons with a previous history of mental illness.
CCW ContactsBillie Anderson, CCW Permits
Fax: (707) 274-2999
Lieutenant Brian Kenner
Fax: (707) 262-4200
The Official Site for the Lake County, California Sheriff's Office ©2011 Lake County Sheriff
This County of Lake Website contains hypertext links to external websites. The County of Lake is not responsible for the subject matter or accessibility of these external websites, and the County does not endorse any entity or product for which a link may be provided. External links are provided as a convenience for users of this site. Once you leave the County of Lake Website via a link to an external site, the County of Lake Privacy & Security Policies no longer apply.