- Applicant must be 18 years of age unless they are a Lake County Sheriff's Office Explorer.
- Citizens who participate shall be neatly dressed. Shorts, faded or patched pants, tee shirts, sandals, halter tops or similar casual attire will not be permitted.
- All participants must read the "Statement of Inherent Risk" and sign "Waiver of Claims and Acceptance of Risks" prior to riding.
- Participants shall follow all instructions of the Deputy to who they have been assigned.
- Participants shall keep confidential names and/or other information which, if made public, could be detrimental to public safety or which may jeopardize the community standing of any citizen.
- Participants shall not become involved, nor be permitted to become involved, in the official duties of the Department, unless specifically requested by the deputy to do so.
- In the event that a deputy is dispatched to a hazardous call, the participant acknowledges that he/she may be asked to exit the vehicle and wait to be picked up after the danger is over.
Form can be returned to the Sheriff's Office, either by email, mail, or in person.
Sheriff Administration1220 Martin Street
P.O. Box 489
Lakeport, CA 95453
Mon. 1pm - 5pm
Tue. - Fri. 8am - 5pm
Central DispatchEmergency - Dial 911
Correctional Facility4913 Helbush Drive
Lakeport, CA 95453
The Official Site for the Lake County, California Sheriff's Office ©2011 Lake County Sheriff
This County of Lake Website contains hypertext links to external websites. The County of Lake is not responsible for the subject matter or accessibility of these external websites, and the County does not endorse any entity or product for which a link may be provided. External links are provided as a convenience for users of this site. Once you leave the County of Lake Website via a link to an external site, the County of Lake Privacy & Security Policies no longer apply.